Monday, August 27, 2012

Rise


Today. Monday. 
Alarm sets off. Coffee is guzzled. 
Commute-Commute. Work. Commute. 
Obligations. Ambition wails.
 Dreams of a Life away from this routine persist. 

Most thrive with steaming rails, weaving cars, towering skyscrapers, 
mountains of papers, schedules and presentations. 
It thrums away in their soul. 

I, still don't know what it's like to be one person. 
A person with a line in life. 
A calling. 
I, still don't know what it's like to stand in a single place. 
To really call a place home. 
To be content. thriving. secure. 
I, peer up a redwood, gaze down a trail, 
soak up a horizon, only to wish for a life I can't seem to achieve. 
A home. A Love. A studio. 
Time. to. Write. 
Places. to. Travel. 
Lands. to. Wander.
Culture. to. Embrace. 
Foods. to. Eat.  

I'm eager to Rise above a stunted self. 
To sprout up into the wind. 
Pollinate unnoticed with a chance to grow. 


No comments: