Thursday, July 26, 2012

On Moving



Things. Stuff. Knick-Knacks. Possessions. etc. etc. 
It's a Love Hate relationship. 
I enjoy the process of sorting, throwing away, donating, cherishing certain belongings....
but lordy lord, every time I have to pay big bucks to have my 
'crap' thrown into a storage room, I can't help but think
"what for"
Obviously there are a few things that I will keep till the end, such as 
old family photos.
But that's pretty much it. 

Everything else - including all the worn, pearled, stained, dated clothes, which financially I'm forced to wear, I want gone too. 
Mind you, I really shouldn't complain. 
I can pack everything I own into my mazda protege.  
(minus my semi-recent purchase of a Bed+Frame) 

Regardless, there's a desire, an urge to purge it all.
Then of course, a moment later the tides turn, 
and I dream about decorating my home with things I love. 

As I sit here on the floor of my near empty home; 
I can't help but think
"oh lu, how many times have you been here!?" 

No matter how many times I've 'been here' 
Each time is never quite the same, 
Nor I. 

No comments: