Monday, July 2, 2012

On Looking Back


One of my favorite things to do is look through old photographs. 
More specifically, rummaging through piles of vintage snaps
or of my own. 

Last night I re-watched
"Midnight in Paris" 
The second viewing has confirmed that I'm 
fully the female version of Owen Wilsons character, Gil. 
I'm one who lives in "The Golden Age of Thinking"
Which in the film, is a notion that a different time period is better than the one ones living in.
For the past decade, my home base has been in Los Angeles.
(well, in, out, and around for the past decade)
Summer always stirs up intense nostalgia, but with so much transition this year and
suffering a quarter life crisis; I've been Looking back more than usual.
Time rolls on, gotta ride the current.

"There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present" 

No comments: