Monday, March 7, 2011

To Mar the Wonderful Grandeur







A trip, to a wonder of the world.
(a first, for me)
Afternoon Departure: March 5th from Los Angeles, CA.
Arrival: Late evening of the 5th Grand Canyon, AZ.
Holiday Inn Express Slumber.

Sunday, March 6th - 9:00am
Weather:
52, Crisp Air, Strong Winds, blanket of clouds, scattered snow underfoot.

With my first sight of that stunning grandeur of ancient rock,
my heart burst with wild flames of joy,
forever a kindle of awe and contentment.

The winds roared like the sound of crashing waves,
while we walked 12 miles of the southern rim.
Donkeys on Trails, Cactus and Trees, Moss on Rock, Crows and Hawks.
Dangling feet over the edge, my eyes continually adjusting perspective.
'She's' a shape shifter, with every step to every minute.
There's no doubt that this land harbors a distinctive energy....

I'll return, with time to hike down those canyon walls.

2 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

Every time I see it, I cry.

lulu said...

inevitably so...

I'm still reeling from it all, the magic lingers.