Friday, May 21, 2010

Antsy

 (by Anna Verlet)

My Genetic Code is laced with nomadic ways.
I feel most content - On the road, On the Rail, Up in the Air.
I'll never be able to quiet this want to
explore the World, for the rest of my days.

I was driving home today after dropping off my deposit (gulp)
and didn't want to stop, I didn't want a destination, I just wanted to keep on going. See where that road takes me.
But I'm tied down now.
Tied to a Lease. Tied to a Job. Tied to Bills.

It's Life, we have to have these things...right?

2 comments:

madeline elizabeth said...

You can live happily despite being "tied down" by those things -- all of those ties are blessings! You are 100000x luckier than about 99% of the world. Yeehaw! Congrats on the place, the job, & livin' the life. XOXOXOX

lulu said...

Thanks, baby!
& Oh man, I know...happy as a clam, just a dreamer!