Friday, April 10, 2009

Reincarnation

http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/pics/jd/linfield/jdTheOldOak.jpg
<span class=

I remember having a conversation about reincarnation one evening while curled up on the couch with my grandmother. I was about 9 years old.
(we still have our lazy, snuggle couch time, where we munch on candies and talk)

I asked my grandma if she believed in reincarnation.
She responded:
"Oh well, I guess so. Yes."
Then I asked what she would come back as.
She said:
"I would come back as an Old Oak Tree,
so I could give off shade for anyone lounging under my branches."

My grandmother is 96 years old and truly my idol. I love her with all my heart.

It kills me to think that she won't see my future children.
But I'll be sure to tell them that every time we lounge under an old oak tree,
we'll know that her spirit will always continue to live.

What would you come back as?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that second photo! it's spectacular.

SoCalWendie said...

I would come back as a winery cat. Have you ever seen one? They are always so happy and lazy and loved.