Sunday, November 2, 2008

Moment of the Day

The City of Los Angeles was wiped clean with rain showers! When you can't remember the last time it rained, you know there's a serious problem.
We've had abnormally warm weather for this time of year, but was relieved from the heat this weekend with pure Weather Splendor!

Thunderstorms, big rolling clouds, clear air, and spruced green. Today was so absolutely perfect that all spirits were lifted high! Strolling around town, Cafe sitting, hat wearing, grinning folks. I drove about town, windows down, music playing with a continual smile.

I decided to go to the Getty Museum today, which is architecturally gorgeous, and sits perched on top a mountain. Magnificent view of L.A.

While I was getting on the tram up to the Museum,
small talk started with this man:

Jason Lee

by the bye I just found out that he's done a bunch of skateboard videos, who wudda thunk

I've admired his work for some time now.
Since he was trying to have a splendid afternoon with his wife and newbie baby, I played it super cool
" you are a regular (non-famous) person" type of presence.

Then, I trotted off to the exhibit I had been anxiously waiting to see:

Carleton Watkins
1829-1916
photographer
While beginning the look see, guess who walks up to the photograph besides me?
Mr. Jason Lee.
It was an "Oh hi." Chuckle, chuckle, then the slow move on.
It was odd walking through an Exhibit with a celebrity present. People's impolite stares, crowding, following, and cheap sneak pictures.

Anywho, that was my moment for the day.
Goodbye Wonderful Perfect Sunday.

No comments: