Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Treasure

Old family books.
I carry them close to my heart. And will never let go.
Books are magical, especially if they been held within your own family for over 110 years.
I've learned more about my own relatives by reading and looking through these books. Filled with bookmarks, pressed flowers, notes, sketches, poems... clues to who they were.
They are my Loves.


Within The Virginian...!
(Copyright: 1902)


(I'm Rutledge, but Carter was the other side of the family.
great grandparents farmed in Foosland, IL)

The following was written inside:


It Reads:

Please don't talk about me when I'm gone
Oh Honey tho our friendship ceases from now on and listen if you can't say anything real nice it's better not to talk at all is my advice
With parting, you go your way I'll go mine.
it's best that we do
Here's a kiss I hope that this brings lots of luck to you
makes no difference how I carry on
Remember, please don't talk about me when I'm gone

*This kind of doing completes me.*

No comments: