Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ode to the Family Tree

'Vintage' photographs, Where do I begin?

Whether they're famous, remote, stumbled upon, archived or of my own family...
The interest, inspiration, history fix, beauty and emotion is never ending!

It seems I may have an addiction problem.

(I have to plug SHORPY! Once again. Just so good it hurts!)

Show and Tell Time:

Meet my Grandmother R.
side of the Family:


My Great Great Grandmother

My Great Great Grandparents

On the Left: Is my Great Grandfather

My Great Great Grandparents Marriage Certificate 1887

I can feel the emotion running through this crumbling piece of paper.

I envision that very moment.

I also wanted to share
this magnificent birthday card given to my grandmother



SIDE NOTE:

I apologize for such poor quality images.
Reason:
My Printer/Scanner didn't survive the move, so I had to photograph these little treasures
rather than Scanning.

So upsetting!

No comments: